COVID-19 Vaccine Update
We care about the health and well-being of our members and are committed to keeping you informed. The COVID-19 vaccine will be covered at 100%. Click here for more information.
Potential Schemes Related to COVID-19
Scammers are using telemarketing, text messages, door-to-door visits as well as social media to conduct their fraudulent activities. These individuals are offering COVID-19 tests, grants and prescription cards in exchange for personal information to benefit themselves and harm the public.
Ways to protect yourself from fraud, waste and abuse schemes:
- Never share information to unknown individuals. This should include date of birth, social security number, Medicaid or Medicare numbers, health care details, financial or other personal identifiable information. Sharing this type of information can lead to identity theft.
- Review your explanation of benefits (EOB) or MyBSWHealth for suspicious activity or claims.
- Ignore offers or advertisements for COVID-19 testing or treatments on social media.
- Never post photos of your COVID-19 vaccination cards on social media.
- Do not open links in text messages from unknown individuals.
- Do not trust any unexpected calls or visitors offering COVID-19 tests or supplies.
- Do not pay anyone to speed up your vaccine eligibility.
- Report suspected fraud to health the health plan helpline: 1-888-484-6977
BSWH Web and Member Portal Tutorial
Watch a video tutorial about navigating bswh.swhp.org and Member Portal to learn about the tools and resources available to help you manage your health plan benefits.